About Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through four hospitals: Spartanburg Medical Center (SMC), Pelham Medical Center (PMC), Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS is also recognized for excellence in care – from cutting-edge cancer technology at Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute to recognition in excellence in cardiac care:
- The Level I Trauma Center is equipped to care for the most critically injured and ill patients Services encompass multiple specialties including emergency surgery, neuro-surgery, orthopedic surgery, vascular surgery, and plastic surgery.
- Medical Group of the Carolinas is SRHS’s multi-specialty physician group is composed of more than 350 physicians in primary care and specialties. Twenty-four practices with more than 100 providers hold national Patient-Centered Medical Home designation.
- Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute has four locations throughout the Upstate of South Carolina. Gibbs has the latest cancer technology including: the first cancer center in the Carolinas to use the CyberKnife Radiosurgery System® M6™, a surgery-free radiation therapy; the first in cancer center in the United States to use the InCise™ Multileaf Collimator; and SpaceOAR, which protects the prostate during radiation.
- Spartanburg Medical Center’s award-winning cardiac program was named one of Healthgrade’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery for 2016. Honored with the Healthgrades 2015 Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award, this recognizes SRHS for superior outcomes in heart bypass surgery and heart valve surgery. SRHS also received an ACTION Registry-GWTG Performance Achievement Award in 2014 and 2015 by the National Cardiovascular Data Registry.
- Spartanburg Medical Center was one of 40 nationwide hospitals ranked by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in the Best Hospitals for Common Care ratings. SMC also earned high-performing status in five specialty areas: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart bypass surgery, heart failure, and hip and knee replacement.
- SRHS was recognized in 2015 with the Mission: Lifeline® Gold Receiving Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association.
- Pelham Medical Center was recognized in 2015 as one of the Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems, selected from 741 hospitals from around the country. The recognition looks at how organizations leverage IT to improve performance for value-based healthcare.
- Spartanburg Medical Center’s Weight Loss Surgery Program achieved re-accreditation in 2015 from the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) Comprehensive Center.